Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
A problem for whom? WotC? Definitely. Removing stacking bonuses was a huge design goal for 5E. Dumbing them down into Advantage was the only move they really had available that both simplified the math so the game wasn't as crunchy, while simultaneously keeping Bounded Accuracy intact. If your To Hit was ultimately capped at +14 (+5 Mod, +6 PB, +3 magic weapon); ACs are likewise capped at 33, since a nat 20 is going to hit regardless. It doesn't matter how many d20s you get to roll, your best non-critical roll is going to be a 19.
Right, I know that was the design goal for 5e. My point is they succeeded! There's hardly any additional sources of numerical bonuses beyond ability score, prof bonus, and magic weapons. I could probably name them right here -

1) archery fighting style
2) bless
3) technically the magic weapon spells? But those spells suck and are redundant with actual magic weapons
4) channel divinity: guided strike
5) ummm
6) wild magic barb's bolstering magic
6) yeah I can't think of any others

My question of Is This Necessary is why would someone have to make additional rules about stacking bonuses? They're already not in the game.