View Single Post

Thread: I took resil: wisdom on my barb

1. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: I took resil: wisdom on my barb

Quote Originally Posted by Skrum View Post
    I'm gonna continue to tell myself that and stick with the change, for now.

Most effects that target wisdom will remove the character from combat, or at best severely curtail what actions can be taken. Hitting those saves is pretty important, BUT - they don't come up all the time. In fact, several sessions may pass without needing to make a single wisdom save. And that entire time, having the lower main stat is making the character marginally worse at whatever it is they're doing.

Be slightly better, but occasionally fall on your face, or be slightly worse and fall on your face less often. Honestly put like that...

Each time I think about it I change my mind about which is better.
    SO, this changes from table to table. But in my experience being slightly worse tends to be less deadly than falling on your face, turning on your party, etc.

Though it might feel bad more often. In the end, it's more of a personality decision. Another data point to be considered is how much metagaming the DM engages in. If he now stops trying to target your wis saves and goes after the Sorcerer instead, I'm not sure whether it's a net plus.
    Last edited by diplomancer; 2024-04-22 at 04:28 PM.