1. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Wreck of the Harmonious Spirit (D&D 3.5 IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    With the spider apparently safe for now and the rest of the party ashore with her beginning to slowly congregate in the general proximity of the Skincutter, Utra slowly closes her book and keeping but one eye on the web of the little weaver, focuses her mind. Not on the slow pulsing of power building up in her empty hand, nevertheless; that is for later, if it is coming to play at all – but rather at the Orc.
    Spoiler: Telepathy in ORC (I keep picking that damn language and finally my patience pays!)!
    Show
    If you'll speak, speak now. the words radiate from mind to mind.
    Into the Skincutter’s mind a voice sneaks, speaking to him in his native tongue. Although in a manner far more academic than colloquial. Vaguely familiar with the practice of speaking the unspoken tongue, the orc does respond. Though his outwardly hostile stance remains unchanged. Responding telepathically in Orc, he says.

“Confuse me not vile creature, I know of your kind’s magic. My mind and body are shielded with unbreakable wards. I am he who commands the storm, bow down or be destroyed.”

Though his focus is enhanced, the wise man is alarmed by his inability to see through this persistent illusion. Seemingly eager to boast, he openly taunts his opponent, taking advantage of their telepathic connection to claim.

“I will drag your boiled skull back to the circle. Show all that I have done what they could not. My victory will force them to acknowledge my greatness. Rejoice, you gluttonous abomination. Your death will bring about the end of my exile and my ascension to leadership. Your name will echo forever in my song. Now, enough of this, face me openly, to the death, as it should be.”
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-22 at 02:04 PM.