Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
Which is totally fair. I get not everyone (maybe even most?) don't enjoy writing backstories.
As you know, I like to create back stories.
And that makes sense. Again, not everyone is a psycho like me. :D
Or me.
Spoiler: The Campaign
Show
What's been fun - so, one of my regular players - his wife, and her two brothers (and his own brother) have all wanted to play D&D. They've heard (one side) of the conversation often when he's been playing - and so I said I'd run a game for them. Now rather than use my own homebrew world - I knew they're all familiar with the Dragonlance novels (especially Chronicles, the first trilogy). So I wove an adventure around the same time frame as the first book (but taking place in a different area of Ansalon, the main continent) - and it was supposed to be a one shot (but the psycho I am, wrote an adventure that's already 53 pages long, in case - with my hope, it'd go beyond that first session). So they all created characters on D&D Beyond through my campaign I made - I went into their characters, created backstories that tied to the campaign I had written (tying some people to NPCs I knew would be in the adventure and such). And they were all really surprised by the first session, and how much they enjoyed it - so now we got a monthly game going.
That is completely awesome! Envious.