1. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (IC Thread)

Roshorn remains somewhat cowed by the strange spectrum of emotions going on in the tent - locked out of the discussion in common/orcish, he cannot understand that much of the bad feeling in the room has nothing to do with him at all. Still, he is buoyed by Jakk'ari's words, and offers a summary of his chaptermates.

"No ogres, I think. Though I sometimes struggle to tell the furless apart... No, none are ogres. There is Donova Den-Of-Snow, a woman dwarf. Two men of the far kingdoms, that bicker like littermates. An old man, Ignaeus, and a younger one, Laydus. Both are men of steel. And Yara is trollkind, like you - though young, and her skin is blue. If any are royal, I do not know it... but they are honorable."

Donova, Ignaeus, Laydus, Yara, and Roshorn make five; which seems to be a stable and typical number for chapters like this.

Spoiler: Jakkari:
    Show
    There are many blue skinned troll tribes, and a short name like Yara. No affixes to the name give you nothing to go on - Zul'Yara might reasonably be expected to be a master of atleast one form of voodoo, Yara'Maz might be either a tribal leader or one tapped to inherit that mantle when the leader died. But a simple 'Yara' suggests either a young troll woman with few accomplishments to brag about, or no heritage worth flagging.

Spoiler: Marion:
    Show
    You know none of these people, though "Ignaeus" is the name of the ancient tribal king of the Alteraci tribe whom King Thoradin of Arathor bested in combat and took on as a brother and fellow general in the ancient trollwars. Ignaeus was given the name "Trollbane" for his heroism, and his descendants carried that name eventually to the throne of Strom. Obviously the real Ignaeus Trollbane is long, long dead; but the name is most commonly given to Alteraci sons more than Stromic ones.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2024-04-21 at 09:03 PM.