Quote Originally Posted by da newt View Post
Rune Knight and Hobgoblin are good ideas. I'm not worried about my PC's offensive combat capability, I was imagining someone who gets up in the face of the most dangerous foe and then does a bit of a 'rope a dope' with maybe dodges or grapples or climbs onto (if they are big) while BA helping others and Owl helping etc - just trying to figure out the most effective way ...

I think WOLF totem is the keystone of the idea, but then what to make it even better? MasterMind is an unlimited use BA HELP w/ 30' range and I like how a rogue barb compliments itself, but a RK's short rest recharge kit might be even better ... plus ASIs, FS, action surge, 2nd wind, more hp

Hobgoblin has couple nice proff per day things vs the Kobold's too (although I kinda like the 'I'm little but don't know it' schtick) - hmmm

I'd love to work in RES WIS, but it's costly and figure out the most efficient way to get FF too, and Sentinel would be great but I don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Please keep the ideas coming and any good this vs that argument would be handy too.
Battlesmith Artificier/Mastermind Rogue, maybe?

I don't think Sentinel would be worth the investment on this character concept, at least, regardless of the build.