View Single Post

Thread: The Indigo Syndicate [Pathfinder 1e]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default The Indigo Syndicate [Pathfinder 1e]

Explorer's at the edges of the unknown...

The Indigo Syndicate

The Indigo Syndicate is a secretive confederation of like-minded adventurers that hold a curiosity for the unknown. The loose organization is a helmed by a council of High Investigators, each of which has a cadre of agents who work for them. These often mysterious individuals all strive towards their own aims but participate in a sharing of knowledge about the occult and obscure. One thing holds them together, the Indigo Accords. This contract binds the High Investigators towards ensured cooperation, shared defense, and the equal dissemination of all knowledge gained during cases carried about by The Indigo Syndicate. Members are active in Varisia, Cheliax, and Ustalav mostly, but the aims of the Syndicate are far-reaching and many a mission to more exotic places have been conducted in the past.

You are all members of the Syndicate, and you work directly under your handler, Special Agent Koros Velheart. Velheart is a middle-aged human man, a powerful spell-caster, and a devout worshipper of Nethys. While stern, he is kind-hearted to the core and has guided you through your first few cases working for the Syndicate. Nothing too treacherous yet, with forays into long-forgotten dungeons seeking ancient relics being the norm. As members of the Indigo Syndicate you are granted cases to complete. Once a case is closed compensation is awarded and those who close the most cases, or uncover knowledge particularly obscure or useful to the council, are granted opportunities for promotion. Operating for the Syndicate is a discreet matter and most contracts they take and cases they work are strictly classified. Any and all knowledge of the Syndicate's undertakings is privileged information between Indigo Syndicate agents and those who would purchase their services.

Five days ago, in a secret meeting in Magnimar, Koros gave you your latest case. Case No. 326 has your group traveling North East from Magnimar to a remote, rural village known as Ravenmoor. The client, Jeminda Anikee has lost her brother-in-law Elias Kyle, after a recent trip there. Elias Kyle works as a tax-collector for Magnimar. Jeminda as a book-keeper for the government. She sent her kin to collect back taxes from the villagers there but the man hasn't been seen or heard from since. That was twelve days ago now. While not a typical mission for the Syndicate, Koros seems compelled to help Jeminda and has sent you there in search of him. Gifted heavy horses by your handler, the trip has been long and arduous but you have set off from morning camp toward the village and by all estimations you should arrive there by noon.

Case no. 236: The Feast of Ravenmoor

Hey folks, I'm recruiting for a new PbP game where the characters are members of a secret organization who work as paranormal investigators! I'll be running them through a number of premade modules with a bit of homebrew sprinkled in to make the over-arching story connect. Think X-Files meets a DnD mercenary company in Golarion. I'm looking for four players and will be hosting the game on these forums. All the rules for making your PC are in the big 16 below and I'm looking forward to finding some interested players!

Spoiler: The Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running?

Pathfinder 1E.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be? What is the setting for the game?

Golarion, paranormal, investigation game

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

Four players. I'll consider alternates.

4. What's the gaming medium?

Play-by-post, right here in the Playground.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

PCs will start at 3rd level.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

You gain max starting wealth for you class. Once I pick the PC's I'll award each with some magical gear through a combination or randomized rolls and things that make sense for your build and bring the total up to the wealth by leve. I find this makes PC's who start after level 1 feel more organic as an adventuring party than letting PC's custom tailor their loot.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

All 1st party paizo classes are acceptable. I'd love to see at least one Investigator or psychic spellcasting character but it isn't a requirement by any means.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Core Races and Featured Races.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

20 point buy.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Alignment is in use. You can pick whatever alignment makes sense for your character. However, being disruptive to the party or the Syndicate as a whole wont be tolerated.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Yes you can use the normal rules for multi-classing and variant multi-classing

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Players will roll for all the usual rolls (attacks, saves, CL checks, etc.) using the Playground dice roller.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Players select 2 traits (the setting specific prerequisites of any traits must be met, no campaign traits.) Background skills are in use. The Sanity rules are in effect.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how long? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

At least a few paragraphs about your character are required. I'd like to get to know about them to pick an interesting group to DM for.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

A mix.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

1st party paizo material within the above restrictions is fair play.

Player Character Class
    Feathersnow Reeva Wizard (Spellslinger)
    Starbuck_II Lycoris Azata Mesmerist
    Qazgir Aleister Orania Occultist (Psychodermist)
    razorfloss Orion StarBorn Hunter (Forester) / VMC Barbarian
    Armonia13 William Desmond Syfer the Third Bard (Chronicler of Worlds / Studious Librarian)
    ProgressPaladin Archer Glenshire Investigator (Empiricist)
    Yas392 Cyclo Oracle (Seer)
    namo Niji Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)/Oracle (Dual-Cursed)/Mesmerist (Chart Caster)
    Last edited by IRollTwenties; 2024-05-05 at 11:19 AM.