Quote Originally Posted by JLandan View Post
I never said slippery slope, I just said I would not allow it. Boons are a variant rule that I have never used. If a player wished for a boon, I would allow it, but which boon would have to be consistent with the PC's deity.

A one time use of a d30 is a crappy wish and a waste of a 9th level slot and a further waste of a spell that the PC may lose forever (33%).

I guess you just miss my point entirely that a wish in the game should not be a wish in real life. But if you're willing to give your car to a player that wishes for it, that is your issue.
I guess I am fully missing your point because I don't see how wishing for an extra spell slot or a bonus extra attack is a wish "in real life" and not "in the game"? Like...them asking for a mechanical bonus to their character isn't a real life wish...and it falls within the general things Wish does. Permanent resistance to a damage type is a mechanical thing, but its listed as a thing wish can do within the spell itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Credence View Post
I have one. I don't remember what it was for, but I used it back in the AD&D days.
I would absolutely grant you that Wish because when the heck are you gonna see someone roll an actual d30. Might even let you use it for an entire encounter.