View Single Post

Thread: help with a lore bard

1. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: help with a lore bard

Quote Originally Posted by ominak View Post
    so i need some help. im going to make a lore bard that does more damaging spells than utility spells. so i need help. what are some good races, feats and, most importantly, spells. (also can you tell me how they would they cast it? i know how would cast thunderwave (lifts hand up then powerfully strums the instument) but how would they cast fire bolt? (before you say anything, college of lore)) thank you for your help
    Which books are you using? You could be a vHuman and take the magic initiate feat: that allows you two damaging cantrips (Eldritch Blast, Fire Bolt) that will stand you in good stead. Suggest Magic Missile as the level 1 spell if your focus is damage.

I found Shatter (2d level spell) to be Underwhelming, but it was now and again a useful spell at low levels.
    Magical Secrets at level 6: Fireball.
    Level 4 spell: Wall of Fire. Depending on how you shape this, it can be very nice but you have to maintain concentration.
    When you can get it: Synaptic Static. (5tyh level spell)
    Magical Secrets 10: Animate Objects. (5th level spell) Surprising amount of damage) or
    5th level spell: Cone of cold: this one does pretty well, resistances considered.
    Steel Wind Strike: lots a damage. spread out over five targets
    When you can get it: Circle of Death. (6th level spell)
    When you can get it: Disintegrate: level 6 spell, need 14 lvl magical secrets.
    When you can get it (lvl 13): Prismatic Spray. (Level 7 spell, it is on the bard list (at least in Tasha's) and OMG can it deal out the damage to a crowd. Problem is that it takes a long time to resolve if you hit a lot of creatures.
    When you can get it: Delayed blast fireball. (7th Magical Secret)
    When you can get it: Meteor Swarm (9th Magical Secret).

As to counterspell: get it. Psyren is right, it's a good choice.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-04-19 at 12:04 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society