If you're focused on blasting for your lore bard, here's some things to consider:

1) Damaging cantrips - you'll want something to fall back on that you can use with Cha and that hits harder than Vicious Mockery, like Firebolt, Ray of Frost, Acid Splash, Sacred Flame, or of course if you can swing it, Eldritch Blast. If you can pick one of these up without burning a feat, MS, or delaying your casting progression - even better.

2) Weak defenses - With light armor and no shields. bards are one of the squishier classes in the game; Several of their subclasses shore up their defenses, like Valor and Swords boosting your armor or Creation giving you a pet you can hide behind, but all Lore really gets to fall back on are its spells and maybe a dash of Cutting Words reactions early on when enemies are only attacking once provided you can spare the Inspiration. (Personally I'd save it to use on your allies.) Compare this to other blasters like wizards/sorcerers getting Mage Armor or being able to choose additional defensive subclasses, or other blaster subclasses like Light Cleric that can simply wear a breastplate and shield.

3) Bard list gaps - The Bard list is strong but has some notable gaps, such as blasting (the main reason you're here), physical control like walls, and teleportation. Magical Secrets help with this, but you only get so many of them even with Lore, so anything you can get from other sources will be helpful.

4) Counterspell - Lore Bards are uniquely positioned to benefit from this, being one of very few subclasses who can pick it up nearly on-level despite not knowing it natively. Better still, Jack of All Trades works on it, making them second in effectiveness with it only to the Abjurer Wizard (and before level 10, they have them beat.)

With these in mind, I'd aim for a race that can help you with as many of the first three as possible, and ensure Counterspell is one of my early AMS to cover off on the fourth one. For example, a race like Astral Elf helps with #1 and #3 - you get a solid blasting cantrip in the form of Sacred Flame, and their Starlight Step gives the Bard access to teleportation such that they don't need Misty Step. Alternatively, I might go Kobold and use their Draconic Sorcery feature to pick up Fire Bolt, or Water Genasi for Acid Splash.