Quote Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
Not entirely, for one you can use general commands for the creature to obey the orders of others.
That’s still very much working off the power the spell grants the caster though.

This doesn't work in the same way as shadow blade, as you can't traditionally* hand the blade off to other people as it would disapate.
Yeah I’ve never been sold on that. Common English doesn’t say giving someone a thing you’re holding is “dropping it”.

Like, in American Football, if the QB hands the ball to the RB, you wouldn’t say “he dropped the ball”.

But all I am getting from this is by this logic some spells simply cannot be dispelled.
Sunbeam for example has a similar argument to not be dispellable by targeting the caster, and the magical effect doesn't have persistence to target.
Sunbeam isn’t creating an object though: it’s solely creating a spell effect. That’s a big difference to me, at least.

Either way, I’d imagine you could very much end the magic effect of Sunbeam, even if it’s ruled not to be on the caster.