Quote Originally Posted by RSP View Post
You mean this?

“If dispel magic targets the magical effect from bless cast by a cleric, does it remove the effect on all the targets?
Dispel magic ends a spell on one target. It doesn’t end the same spell on other targets.”

This isn’t quite the same thing, but probably confirms the prior post’s assumption.
It is listed in the part of SAC that answers the question about using Dispel Magic on created undead, (you cant btw), the answer also states this:

"In contrast, a spell like conjure woodland beings has a non-instantaneous duration, which means its creations can be ended by dispel magic and they temporarily disappear within an antimagic field."

Quote Originally Posted by RSP View Post
However, this also is probably wrong as it completely scraps the idea that a magical effect can be a target (which DM clearly states it can be) by inferring in the answer that only the creature under the effect can be targeted and not the effect itself. It also is probably misleading, if not incorrect, to say “ends a spell” and not “ends spells”.

Not a great example of SAC clarifying a rules question. By RAW you very well can target a magical effect, and I’d imagine it would include the whole of the effect, if you did so.
I agree with this. In fact I stated in the course of this thread, that I did not agree with the interpretation that Dispel Magic would only dispel the actual part of the spell it was targeting, and not the whole spell.

Dispel Magic could be written in such a fashion, but the current verbiage is not that way.