View Single Post

Thread: Concentration for Martials

1. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Concentration for Martials

Quote Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
    Obligatory smile nod, as I am still unable to comprehend 4e on some basic points.
    If I may ask, what rules don't click for you?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralVryth View Post
    If there is one sacred cow I would really like to see die it's armor as AC instead of DR.
    Sadly, I think we're stuck with that one unless they completely rethink how scaling works in D&D. Armor-as-DR tends to work best in games with very limited HP and damage scaling, since having one of your core defensive features be "attacks deal X-Y damage instead of X damage" limits what X can be pretty heavily. Like, it can work, but you'd have to rethink how weapon damage works and balance the math pretty tightly around it.

One solution to the Armor-as-DR thing that I've always kinda liked but never really caught on was how an old British game called Dragon Warriors handled it. It was kinda like a damage threshold set-up, except weapons dealt a flat amount of damage after checking to see if you bypassed armor. To quote the example of combat...

Last edited by Amechra; 2024-04-17 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!