View Single Post

Thread: Getting wishes from an Efreeti

1. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Getting wishes from an Efreeti

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    Assuming you’re referring to zodar, because theyre limited to 1/year clearly, assuming a) they even exist in setting, and b) you even know about such an esoteric creature, and c) the DM doesnt deem them to be rare and unique creatures such that they arent a valid target to be shapechanged into.
    Going beyond noble djinn and efreeti, there's the solar with a per day and two demons with a per week and per month respectively in core. If you assume limitations separate them and like abilities are the same, that's 3 from a genie, 1 from a solar, and 1 from a demon for a possible total of 5. Even if you think they are all the same ability, that's still 1 wish without restriction and up to 2 more with restriction for a total of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    I definitely recall reading it very explicitly out to my players at the table and us unanimously agreeing it was too much bookkeeping. Ill continue to try and find the source, so I guess watch this space for now?
    I remember reading in a faerun book that by default SLAs are arcane by default because they draw on the power of the weave. Maybe there's something in a setting specific book?
    Last edited by Darg; 2024-04-17 at 08:26 AM.