It was a dry and sunny day when our heroes rode to town. Nomis and Sin were joined by a dwarf by the name of Vinc, a veteran guard from a Duran caravan who was there to provide some muscle should they need it. He'd been open to talk (perhaps a bit too much), and from the conversations he'd had over the three days of your association, it seems like he'd taken the job because he was bored, and thought it would be easy and interesting to keep you two out of trouble. He doesn't seem to be all that interested in the job itself, so perhaps he had been assigned as some king of baby sitter by Sin's superior among the city inspectors.

The wagon driver that had been hired by governor Longview hadn't pushed his animals too hard in the late-summer heat, so it was getting on in the afternoon when the arrived in Sheered Wood, and there was not much traffic on the road as they rode past the town gate. The town had started as a logging village, and the influences on the building style were obvious, with plenty of decorative animal carvings adorning the corners of buildings, and all the carpentry immediately visible in the walls and businesses being of high quality.

A few guards, lazily sitting beside a water barrel and fanning themselves with playing cards, sat at a booth just past the walls, and they stop you for a moment to check the driver's merchandise manifest and business papers. When they get to the papers relating to you, the guard reading them looked up at the three of you and said, "Well now, you lot are the inspectors the governor sent us, huh? The mayor will want to talk to you. If you hurry you should be able to get him while he's in town hall, just across from the park in the center of town. Biggest building we got, you should be able to see the bell tower from here." Handing your letter of introduction back, he tipped his helmet a bit and said, "Good luck to yah, and welcome to Sheered Wood."

Thanking them, your driver gets his mules moving again and looks over his shoulder. "Well lads and lass, I'm going to stop at the tavern over there, goes by the name of the Broken Fletching, but that's about as far as I'm taking you. Thanks for the company on this leg of my journey." A minute later he stops in front of the aforementioned building, which had a sign with a shield and pair of shattered arrows painted on it, and his cart stops again. "If you need anything from me I'll still be hanging around the market square for the next few days, selling my things. Just ask for ol' Moat Thumper's stall, and the locals should be able to direct you to me."