Quote Originally Posted by JackPhoenix View Post
Again, Constructed Nature trait of various constructs is not a part of a stat block, but of the creature's description, which monsters from class features (and spells) lack completely. There's nothing to errata (even ignoring the WotC's incompetence and inability to fix even more serious issues).
It's not part of the stat block because it's part of the Animated Objects traits. Is the Steel Defender an Animated Object? I say it is, thus Constructed Nature figures in, and it doesn't require air, food, drink, or sleep.

Your apparent contention is that the Steel Defender is not an Animated Object. I'm not sure what else you'd call it - given that the entries under Animated Object don't call themselves anything different... the Animated Armor is 'medium construct', identical to the Steel Defender entry.

I'm also not sure where your definitive stance of 'which monsters from class features (and spells) lack completely', given that the stat block explicitly states 'medium construct'.

Rule it as you wish, but my table is ruling the Steel Defender is a construct - because the stat block states it is, and that it is an animated object because it is an object, not a living creature, and it can move, thus it is animated; and animated objects have the Constructed Nature trait.