View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown OOC XV

1. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown OOC XV

Dodge roll for Sieghard's opponent (you can feel free to make these): (1d100)[9]

We have lost all our momentum and I feel like the micromanagement required by the combat rules is not gonna help us get it back. Sieghard doesn't seem to me in much danger of actually taking serious damage here - he's at full wounds with many layers of defences in his favour. I don't think it's time playing this out in 10 second increments to see whether one of the Iron Company manages to chip a few wounds off him - the real question is whether he can find a way out of the mill before getting irretrievably surrounded. I think we can do that quicker and better with a skill challenge.

Here's what I propose - I'll give you a staged series of skill tests to navigate Sieghard's path to escape. At each stage I'll give you a menu of different options, and anything you think of that you want to throw in there you can to add to the menu too - just ask and I'll give you a test to represent it. Each stage he fails is going to let more 1 more Iron Company man through the current bottleneck (whether that's the door, the stairs, whatever) to catch up with him, and if their numbers get to a critical point, we'll say they've got him.

Some back-of-the-envelope maths says to me that the point where in ordinary combat they would have decent odds of catching him in a Grapple (at which point they can burn his turns with tests to break free and allow an arbitrary number of reinforcements to pile in) is when they can throw 8 attacks at him, which is 4 guys, so I would say that is the critical point - don't fail 2 tests.

I'm gonna see what the result of that Dodge roll is and then I'll give you your 'on menu' skill test selection. EDIT: looks like he dodged successfully.
    Last edited by LCP; 2024-04-16 at 12:07 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X