Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
If we define the galaxy as my system, and a star as a particle, then I have achieved supernova power a great many times. My work is elegant in its simplicity.
It is Academic Misconduct to take credit for someone else's work. You didn't even try to cite me...

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum77 View Post
That seems logical but what do humans do after that. Descend into hedonism?
Only if there is a divinity, or collection thereof, I don't care which, looking out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
An extension of my thinking with more calculating and formal logic power with very limited if any connectivity to the outside world might still sound a little awesome, but I'll probably be too old to like even that idea by the time it comes around. I've been living in the future for the past 24 years after all (yes, the future began in the year 2000, when else?), and I don’t know what I expected, but how it's turning out is starting to wear on me.
Sadly I firmly believe WALL-E to be the most accurate predictor of our future (I mean, maybe Terminator, but probably WALL-E).

On topic, I am greatly pleased that the public perception in the 1920s had it that we held the keys to all of the universe and that man had effectively completed the climb to the top of the mountain. I am happy about this because it begat the C'thulhu Mythos, and that has brought me great joy over the decades of my life. I also like the calcium-calmodulin system in skeletal muscle. So I'm good with both sides of the conversation.

- M