Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
I had a monk sorc at one of my tables. I cannot for the life of me remember what the point of the combo was. Maybe they were trying to use stunning fist to make something sorcerer work. Unclear.
Believe it or not, I actually played a Monk 2/Sorc 1 not all that long ago.

Long story short, we were making characters for a oneshot and basically everybody independently decided to run Monk, as we don't have a lot of those at our table normally. The party ended up being three Monks and a Barbarian. Naturally, that left us in need of spellcasting in general and Charisma in particular, so I thought, "how can I get 14 Charisma while still being the most effective Monk I can pull off at this level?"

Between the DEX/CON/WIS that a Monk already wants, I figured at this level WIS was the weakest link, as it contributed mainly AC and not much else yet, so I went for 13 WIS 14 CHA. I could then take a level in Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer to have my AC be 13+DEX (so equivalent to a 16 WIS Monk), and I also made that my first level so that we weren't all good at the same saving throws either. I went vhuman to get Gift of the Metallic Dragon for a defensive reaction and a way to know Cure Wounds for emergencies, and then took a bunch of utility cantrips, Shield, and Grease.

I played him as a gritty cowboy wanderer type, think the Man With No Name, but also having had something happen to him that made him a little supernatural as well.

Anyway, the oneshot ended up being two oneshots with a third on the way, and we'll be level 4 next time (I took Ascendant Dragon Monk, gotta stay on theme--Mercy would probably be best though, partially because its Wisdom reliance is minimal on top of the usual reasons Mercy is good), so we'll see how that pans out.