1. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [PF1 Altered - Low Level Gestalt] Isekai Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    No, there's only Spheres of Might, no Spheres of Power.

RSF is always based on base class not on any archetype. So the 1/2 progression spellcasting grants 20RSF, even if you choose NOT to buy it back at 4th level. this is the same amount for any "System" progression, ie magic, Psionics, Spheres of Might, Manuevers. So yes, partial progression classes get a big boost.

I don't think you could make a Paladin a full caster, because there isn't an archetype to do it, Not sure there's ways to change the progression speed outside of Spheres. One of the answers implies that you can always buy SoM progression even if your class doesn't normally get it but I'd like a clarification from DM on that
    Again, why I am confused, because this was his breakdown.

For my custom Paladin I want him to have the 1/2 Spellcasting system (As Base Paladin, 5 RSF), Proficient Practicioner (As Dirt Spattered Angel, 5 RSF) and 3/4 Martial Maneuvers (As Knight Disciple, 10 RSF) for a total of 20 RSF.

Martial Maneuver RFS cost can be payed as follows: 1 RSF at levels 1st or 2nd, 1 RSF at levels 3rd or 4th, 1 RSF at levels 5th or 6th, and so on until payed all 10 RSF cost
    Spellcasting RFS costs can be payed as follows: 1 RSF at leves 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th, 1 RSF at leves 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th, and so on until payed all 5 RSF cost, same for Proficient Practiotioner

So in essence he's getting 2 additional boons for free literally.

That's saying a Paladin || Ranger can get double the bonus for doing the same for Ranger also. 40 RFS?

As stated, I am just trying to get an understanding on why it's so generous for low spellcasters 4th/6th level vs a high level 9th spellcaster. I see the tradeoff, and it is a nice boon., but as above. Paladin Ranger would get 40 RFS to play with instead if someone chose to go that route.

That was also why I had assumed he was using spheres of power, because he paid for his paladin spellcasting at 1st character level.

Finally GM Mentioned you cannot save slots/RFS for higher levels. Yet it costs 2 RFS to get a class ability from a prestige class for example. So like if I want Hide in Plain Sight. I would be Ranger 6, but they only get 1 RFS ability plus spellcasting. Since he's going to be a low spellcaster, he has the extra RFS he can apply to the HiPS at that level. But again, no holding RFS... So if he doesn't use the RFS at character creation, I feel like it's gone.
    Although as the game title states. It is Gestalt, so I guess you could pull 1 RFS from the other class as well to get your 2.

5. No, this will prevent someone holding all RSF to buy only high level features in later class levels. You should buy features or buy feats.

Finally.. If a Paladin or Ranger decided to go Spell-Less, would they pretty much have 1 additional FSP per class level to account for the Spellcasting he chose to give up?

Too bad, looks like Fighter gets the short end of the stick.
    Last edited by AscarothD; 2024-04-15 at 10:38 AM.