Quote Originally Posted by AscarothD View Post
Ok, So is the Spellcasting flat out free for classes that gain spellcasting? Paladin who can only cast up to 4th level spells starting at 4th, they get 20 RFS, and can choose to spend some of the RFS for other things like feats, if they choose not start spells at 1st - 3rd?

Was the GM's example a sphere caster? I noticed one of the Archetypes on the Spheres says they are a low caster, but can he choose to be a High Caster without any requirements?
No, there's only Spheres of Might, no Spheres of Power.

RSF is always based on base class not on any archetype. So the 1/2 progression spellcasting grants 20RSF, even if you choose NOT to buy it back at 4th level. this is the same amount for any "System" progression, ie magic, Psionics, Spheres of Might, Manuevers. So yes, partial progression classes get a big boost.

I don't think you could make a Paladin a full caster, because there isn't an archetype to do it, Not sure there's ways to change the progression speed outside of Spheres. One of the answers implies that you can always buy SoM progression even if your class doesn't normally get it but I'd like a clarification from DM on that