View Single Post

Thread: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

1. - Top - End - #251
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Its easy to say "this was wrong" but there is a pretty stark absence of what alternative measures they should have taken. Palpatine set things up to pretty harshly compel them to take these specific paths, so its not like they had a lot of choice about the things they did, especially involving the Clones. They knew something was up, but given the whole "enemy government led by someone trying to destroy us, specifically" thing going on, its not like they can just put the clones away until they know more about them. The CIS rolling over the Republic due to their lack of an army isnt the victory Palpatine expected, but he would sure take it if the Jedi gave it to him.
    See, I don't think the Jedi needed to involve themselves with the army. The Republic pretty much did, it was take it or be steamrolled. But there wasn't any reason for the Jedi to command them, especially given the incredibly suspicious nature of it all from even preliminary investigation.

Oh, also, Infernally Clay, I did not see the Jedi being explicitly antagonistic towards Anakin. I asked earlier, got no answer, so I'll ask again. Please, detail that for me. They take him in as an older student. They pair him with a great Jedi. They treat him as they do other Jedi. Hell, they even let him go on a cushy protective service to Space Italy with a friend from his childhood! Those damned Jedi, always keeping Anakin down!
    Last edited by Peelee; 2024-04-15 at 08:56 AM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1