View Single Post

Thread: The Drow War Epic 3.5 OOC thread

1. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Drow War Epic 3.5 OOC thread

Thanks for picking Yedra, paradox!

1/ Fluff
    My first question is regarding the background & setting:
    - is there anything we need to know from the previous adventures, that remains pertinent now? (NPCs, stuff we've been through, a demon we've unleashed , ...)
    - what is the setting?

I found a pdf online with just the first few pages of the adventure path (only part of the intro - 0 spoiler), and it seems it takes place in a dedicated setting, Ashfar? But perhaps you've moved it elsewhere?
    And I'm not sure there's a typical Underdark where Drows dwell?

The PCs are described as Starborn, which I guess translates to "special" / "chosen".

There's absolutely no hurry to answer this, this is just to help with RP down the road.

2/ Mechanics
    Tome of Battle does not have any official epic supplement.
    Would you be open to 1 epic feat from a homebrew source on GitP?

I'm considering one of these:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dual Stance Mastery [Epic]
    You are capable of holding yourself in a way to gain multiple benefits.
    Prerequisites: Martial Lore 12 ranks, ability to use at least one 9th level maneuver, and an 8th level stance.
    Benefit: You are capable of using two martial stances simultaneously, or if you have a class feature that gives you this benefit(such as the warblade or master of nine) you are instead capable of using three. You are also capable of taking two swift actions a round, so long as one of them is used to go into a martial stance.

Signature Move [Epic]
    You have eternal mastery over a single martial strike, to the point where it's as easy for you to use as any normal attack.
    Prerequisites: Martial Lore 12 ranks, 24 ranks in the discipline associated skill of the chosen maneuver, Adaptive Style, ability to use at least one 9th level strike.
    Benefit: Select a single martial boost, counter or strike you know. Whenever you use that martial maneuver, it is not considered expended but you must still have it readied.
    Special: This feat can be taken multiple times, each time selecting a new martial maneuver.

I didn't want to burden you before selection, hence why I'm asking now.

Also, will Drow be a good Favored Enemy for this campaign or would that ability not see much play?
    Last edited by namo; 2024-04-20 at 04:03 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson