View Single Post

Thread: Critters III! Now also in 5e!

1. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critters III! Now also in 5e!

Mothmom
    Medium Monstrous Humanoid
    Hit Dice: 9d8+27 (67 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Climb 30 ft., Fly 60 ft. (Average)
    Armor Class: 22 (+1 Dex, +11 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 21
    Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+13
    Attack: Slap +13 melee (1d4+4)
    Full Attack: 2 Slaps +13 melee (1d4+4) and 1 Mega Slap +11 melee (2d4+2)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Dust Cloud, Spell-Like Abilities, Mega Slap
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Scent, Spiderclimb, Glide, Mothsense
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +10
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16
    Skills: Bluff +6, Climb +12, Concentration +6, Craft (any 2) +5, Diplomacy +6, Gather Information +6, Hide +4 (+8 in forest), Knowledge (Arcana, Local, Nature) +5, Listen +7, Move Silently +4, Sense Motive +5, Spot +11, Survival +5, Use Magic Device +6
    Feats: Alertness, Combat Casting, Multiattack, Iron Will
    Environment: Temperate Forest
    Organization: Unique?
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Advancement: By Character Class
    Level Adjustment: ---

Mothmom is, of course, Mothsquatches beloved mother. From a distance, she appears as a tall, humanoid woman wearing a luxurious fur coat. The blazing red eyes set her apart, however. She considers the forest and it's critters her domain, and she is very protective of them. Unlike her son, she favorsworking from stealth, and her friends tend to memory wipe people who see her. Mothmom speaks Common, Sylvan, Buggy and Furry.

Dust Cloud (Ex): By unfurling her wings, Mothmom can unleash a 20 foot Cone of dustlike particles as a Standard Action. Creatures in this area of effect must make a DC 17 Fortitude Save, or be Blinded for 1d4 rounds. Save DC is Con based.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will: Disguise Self, Ghost Sound, Invisibility, Mending, Pass Without Trace, Spike Growth, Tongues. Caster Level 9th. Save DC is Charisma based.

Spiderclimb (Ex): Mothmom can climb sheer surfaces as though with a spider climb spell.

Glide (Ex): To fly, Mothmom must jump off a high point, and she loses 5 feet of altitude, for every 20 feet she travels. She cannot gain altitude, and cannot use the Hover Feat. Otherwise, this works like flight with a speed of 60 ft. (Average)

Mega Slap (Ex): If she connects with her Mega Slap, Mothmom immediately gets a free Trip attempt as a Free Action, without provoking an attack of opportunity. If she fails, they do not get a Trip attempt in return.

Mothsense (Su): Mothmom has a +2 Insight Bonus to AC and Reflex Saves against creatures or traps within 30 feet of her..

Skills: Mothmom have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. She also has a +4 Species Bonus to Spot Checks, and a +4 Bonus on Hide Checks in her forest home.

Combat: Mothmom generally avoids intruders, unless they bother her son, or cause too much uproar in the forest. Then she'll aid whoever is taking them on.

Mothmom
    "Do you both swear to abide by the tenets of the Oath, even unto the Afterlife?"

Who Wants Cookies?
    "I do. Harlan, what's all this about?"

"The true nature of most Cryptids."

"I had to fib to you Jim. I took the Oath when I first became a Wizard."

"The Wizards realized many species would be overrun if they were known to exist, so they made a ritual."

"A ritual specific to Cryptids I'm guessing?"

"People who encounter recipients of the ritual, or their descendants, tend to...misremember information about them."

"You and your son haven't undergone the ritual then?"

"No, but we'll have to if he keeps trying to sell Mothsquatch branded products. I was hoping to keep him innocent."

"As all good mothers do."

Lets Knit You Boys Some Cardigans!

"So why are you and Harlan here?"

"Following a villain whose been operating in secrecy for too long."

"Again?"

"Have we been here before?"

"Not you, just Harlan."
    Last edited by Bhu; 2024-04-21 at 04:42 PM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here