I am aiming for a switch-hitting Aasimar ranger. A few questions:

1) The setting feels very LotR-esque in its beginnings. Would this mean an Aasimar is something between Aragorn and Gandalf (not in power, but origin)? Are alternate racial stats in (Garudakin especially?). How do you feel for abusing Minor Age Resistance with a middle-aged character (off-setting the age penalties with a spell like ability to gain a minor bonus to mental stats)?

2) What about reccomendations for Favored Enemies and Favored Terrains? I could do a Woodland Stalker who only gets one favored enemy? Is picking humans feasible? Is picking forests for the terrain feasible?

3) On bow "maintenance"/survival: Do you allow me to change up my composite bow's strength rating, to fletch some arrows by foraging feathers, wood and saving some arrowheads? On the point of gritty survival, how close do you expect us to track our ressources? I would welcome this but experience shows I am horrible at keeping track of virtual goods. How do you expect the game to go on, once we pass class features that trivialize the survival aspect - with class skills, spells and items? Do you take lighting into account? Fatigue? Diseases/poisons?