View Single Post

Thread: Dnd 3.5 - The Hunt for the Holy Grail.

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Dnd 3.5 - The Hunt for the Holy Grail.

Okay I have been asked for a while or so to run something like this.. so here goes this is more of a one shot than an adventure
    names and things used are done tongue in cheek, do not take it to serious.

Big 16
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    a completely homebrewed lark

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    Four (if Paradox26 wants in then 3 others)

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Level 18

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    450,000 gp

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Any official 3.5 1st party material is allowed.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    see #16

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    you may roll 4d6b3 , 7 times and pick the best. IF you feel your rolls are not great you may use 32 point buy.
    Hit points are maximum.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Any alignment is allowed, however see #16

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    No multiclassing penalties.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    I will do mine, you do yours.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    no flaws, no traits, no homebrew, no leadership or leadership related things.
    ELephant in the Room rules are in effect.
    No pregame item creation. You can combine items at +50% of lesser cost as normal.
    I don't want anything cheesy. So no using efreeti to get free stat bonuses for example. The game will be low to mid optimization.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Keep it skirt length.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    It is a lot of combat. very little RP or puzzles

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Any official 3.5 1st party material is allowed.
    ** your character is required to be undead! that is the TYPE: UNDEAD...
    ** your character is required to be undead! , you should probably be Evil but hey no chaotic stupid please.
    ** your character is required to be undead! , as such you may request an Undead Race, but I would prefer normal races for this.
    ** your character is required to be undead! , as such you may use an Undead Template, this template must fall within the following guidelines
    you are allowed ( 1 and only ONE Template )
    it must have a Level Adjustment: +#, >>LA:negative #, LA:-, or no LA listed are not acceptable, do not ask.<<
    There will be no Level adjustment buy off so if you happen to choose some LA:10 Vampire template that is 10 levels less for classes

Your character is Undead prepare appropriately for things like Turn, Command, Rebuke Undead.

Background for your characters.
    Your kind have gotten tired of the religious zelots hunting and destroying your kind. A few of you have gotten together to seek out the head of the local church and to turn them into one of you at all costs. Your kind have sent in many a scout to determine what you may face and all you do know is the church leader is a mighty holy man who also has a few men that seem to follow him. The last to report back has grave news apperently the church has some new weapon ment to exterminate all undead. They only overheard the following.

Consult the Book of Armaments!
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-05-07 at 05:01 PM.