Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
Ahh cool. can almost say it's the 'cyclical magic' that gets naturally rejected. Not the intent on a paladin, nor the Ki healing of self or from others. But the magic of the... whatever the equivalent to the weave would be?
Makes sense.
Still the weave. I decided not to rewrite how magic works.

Then I guess the healing from a goodberry is also healed naturally without issue? same with, say a bard's song of rest iirc?
Correct.

Oh and I see we've gotten a potential cleric so... how'd it work if I chose to go with Way of the Astral Self? Could even be plot related to reaching like level 17 and gain the full body of the astral self which could indicate a natural full reconnection with the astral sea and thusly access back to my character's own homesphere of Torill?
The more of the astral self that is reconnected, the more 'freed' my character will be until finally, fully able to escape the hell of constant resurrection and if alive long enough, rebirth back to youth?

Cuz iirc, there's no astral sea access, so to speak, in this homebrew setting, correct?
Homebrew crystal sphere, don't really feel like making it into its own independent universe yet. The Protigonus make spelljamming in or out near impossible, so it is isolated from the other spheres.

The Nawiht started as a fusion of the Astral Plane/Sea and the Shadowfell. So any spells or abilities that would normally be associated with one of those places is now associated with the Nawiht.

Current plan takes us to level 14, possibly 15 if we wander off on a large side quest. I like the idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
Hm, current idea floating: Wizard who sought to escape mortality by means other than lichdom (because he wanted to retain his youthful appearance), determined that eating food of the fey courts would grant him immortality. It worked, but for obvious reasons outraged the fey royalty. And so while indeed he would retain his youth, he was cursed that every time he died (and boy would they try to kill him a lot) he would lose his form. Mechanically, this would be that every time he dies, the GM would either roll or decide what he turns into next. For simplicity stats would not change (just to avoid questions of what to do if something raises or lowers a maxed out stat), but other abilities light heightened senses, racial abilities, and bonus skills would.
I like the concept. Right now it mostly comes across as an aesthetic change, we will want to add a bit more to it. What happens if the character goes too long without a dose of fey food?

However, keep in mind that one spot is reserved for my friend Charybdis1618 who is playing a wild magic sorcerer (in full plate), so if enough applicants finish making characters I might not choose a wizard for the sake of having a well rounded party. Currently there are only 5 players that have done more then roll stats so it might not be a problem.