1. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Strike of the Giants Prerequisite Question

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I actually disagree with this - I think the intent was for any martial weapon to qualify. Requiring all of them doesn't just eliminate rogues, it eliminates monks as well, despite the damage bonuses working with their monk unarmed strikes (because US counts as a "melee weapon attack.")

Enforcing this ban means the only way for monks to qualify is with the foundling background - while certainly flavorful, it doesn't seem fair or intended to force them down this singular path when other martials don't have to.
    True, and excluding the Monk is unfortunate, but your way might be a little too inclusive. Monks, rogues, bards, bladesingers, hexblades, war clerics, elves, basically any custom race you want...it makes me wonder if WotC meant for it to be so broad, especially when they've used more specific language before in "proficiency in any martial weapon" as opposed to "martial weapon proficiency".

Really its all fairly fussy because you can just use the giant foundling background. Its just a background, and we can already substitute the skills and features in them by RAW.
    Last edited by Trask; 2024-04-12 at 06:13 PM.
    What I'm Playing: D&D 5e
    What I've Played: D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, D&D 5e, B/X D&D, CoC, Delta Green

Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
    Modern in sense of design focus. I consider any system that puts more weight in the buttons that players mash over the rest of the system as modern.