View Single Post

Thread: Will science end?

1. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Will science end?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Or some equivalent that's not strongly associated with a known charlatan and con artist
    In your opinion. The point is that that technology is being actively worked on and is heading our way over the coming decades. Barring some world-wide economic calamity or war that resets us to 1900 levels of interconnectedness or something, that technology will happen in the coming decades.

It'll start off expensive, as new big tech always does. Cars, computers, mobile phones, laptops etc. But it'll eventually get so cheap and reliable it'll be as equally as wide-spread.

Honestly, you know in Cyberpunk 2077 how everyone, even hillbillies living in trailers on the fringe of cities, have USB ports in their heads and a connective cord they can withdraw from their forearm? Personal opinion is that that's probably going to happen this century. Pure opinion, mind you.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-04-12 at 11:11 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger