View Single Post

Thread: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

@Wyndeward:

If Bennosuke gives Marc's innate knowledge of where to hide on the ship the Emperor's Thumbs Down treatment, there are two alternatives:

Looking back at the 'meeting' briefing, the Interrogator was clear that he was wanting Arl and Marc to gain access to Casimire's ship. That means boarding it.

So, we could:

1) The scale of ships in WH40k is huge; even a Dauntless-class Light Cruiser, which is probably what Casimire has, contains a crew of 65,000 is is 4.5km long. We can use that to our advantage because we have uniforms, it doesn't matter if people don't know who we are, as long as we look like we belong. We can board the transport we're near, learn who the pilot is supposed to be, 'take care of them', hide the body, and Marc can fly the ship up to Casimire's ship and board. (Pilot is always 'assumed' routine and only needs rolls when there's danger, so baring Bennosuke's cruel humour, the die roller can't screw us over)

Getting back is another question. We can create a distraction and leave on a prepped ship. Or we can send out a signal to a nearby Imperial vessel to come and board the xeno-artifact smuggling Rogue Trader vessel using our Inquisitor authority.

2) Instead of Marc piloting the trade transport up to Casimire's ship, she knows where Arl and her can hide for the hour or so it'll take, but the rest above still applies. This is Bennosuke being kind lol.

3) We go through the command tower and transport flight logs, acquiring coordinate and flight data that shows us the regularly traveled routes by Casimire's ships and his transport ships: that way we can see where, or get a good idea where, he's bringing the xeno goods down outside the hive, and prepare another ambush, or use our authority to prepare an ambush to seize the transport and Casimire's ship. So we don't leave the planet, we just investigate and dig through data.

That's the 3 ways I see it going at the moment. Which do you think is our best option?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-04-11 at 11:03 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger