Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
Rage doesn't use concentration as much as just being incompatible with spell casting as a whole. The issue is the cost of that is grossly over budget.
I mean, sure. It isn’t actually using concentration but they are activating an ongoing effect that removes their ability to concentrate which is what I imagine other martial “concentration” features would do unless we want to just give them actual spells (which I’m against for the most part). Sure it removes the ability to cast spells while it’s active, which might be too restrictive, but Martials should be using weapons instead of spells most of the time anyway.
Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
If someone cannot use spells then they shouldn't also be stuck dealing mediocre damage and hoping they don't get ignored or just CCed out of the equation. Even the resistance portion is pretty meh once you start shopping around for different options. Is pretty amazing early on but falls off rapidly just when you'd assume it would actually be the most impactful.
I’ve only briefly played a barbarian above level 7 so I can’t speak to their play-feel but I’m all for buffing barbarians both in and out of rage.