View Single Post

Thread: The Black Dahlias [closed 3.5]

1. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Black Dahlias [seeking players, 3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    Meet Natraxa Winemorgen, just a researcher on the subject of fear on humanoids. She didn't really know how she ended up in this situation, the contracts were all in order after all.
    Heh. I like it! I expesct she gets many "what happened to your face?!" a lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Spear View Post
    Yikes, what a hodgepodge, lol.
    Look, if I get to chance to sacrifice the functionality of most of my PCs class features and lose 3 points of BAB for 17 effective feats on a p level build, I'll do it.

But Earth Genasi, not seen them much used in apps in general, so looks fun,
    Why, thank you! I wanted someone who's Humanoid but doesn't look the part. The stats didn't hurt, though.

not sure though if Shield and Spear is the best choice, seeing as the rules are kinda against a 1handed spear.
    (One reason I went Shield and Dagger instead, I actually want the Shield Ward feat.)
    Shield&spear is horrible. WotC went out of their way to actively sabotage it (bad WotC!). But there are ways, most notably Salamander halfspearsSS. I… Did something more questionable instead.

(Also, if you don't need Shield Specialization for anything else like I did, I recommend you look into Parrying ShiedlLoM.)

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    I love this idea. Full steam ahead!
    [EVIL laughter!!] Yes, Sir!

Rijn of the Number
    M LE Lesser Earth Genasi Fighter 2/Martial Monk 2/Martial Rogue 2/ Psychic Warrior 2/Combat Wizard 1, Level 9, Init 3, HP / , Speed 30'
    AC 25, Touch 18, Flat-footed 22, Fort 11, Ref 11, Will 10, Base Attack Bonus 6/1, Power Points 0/0
    Reach; lesser c. of cold assault +1 greatspear +11/+6 (1d10+6+1d6 c., ×3)
    +1 greatspear and heavy pearlsteel shield +9/+9/+4 (1d10+6+1d6 c./1d4+2, ×3/×2)
    Punch people +11/+6 (1d6+5, ×2)
    Mithral; masterwork; lesser c. of rubicund frenzy (+3) +1 breastplate, Masterwork; pearlsteel +2 heavy shield (+7 Armor, +5 Shield, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
    Condition None
    –+2 racial bonus on saving throws against earth spells and effects;
    –AoOs have +2 competence to hit;
    –Aid Another in combat grants +3; flanking gives +2 to damage.

I still've got a picture to conjure up, some shopping to do and fluff. As regards the latter… Be informed that there will be a good explanation for how and why this shmuck ended up with all those stupid levels.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-04-11 at 10:08 AM.