AvatarVecna Vogun Guttr and AC Akela
    Dakrsidder here
    Jack_Simth Adam and AC Gerald
    Benoojian Max Moggie
    Arael666 Nizam
    Shiro_Nogard Andalus Methys and Hera Cless

Spoiler: Backstory "in game", also on sheet
    Show
    Yes, technically, I'm a noble. Really, though, I don't care. Despite getting my father's name, I'm well aware I'm not going to inherit anything. First off, while my father is human, there's no way I'm outliving my elvish mother, so really, she's the one who's going to be running everything when my father kicks it... which is probably why her family agreed to the marriage to cement the trade agreement, honestly: They lose their daughter for fifty or sixty years, and at the end, she's running a duchy on the other side of the border for centuries... and of course, as she'll be the one in charge, she'll be able to get a 'proper' elvish husband, and have pureblood children - one of which they'll of course name as the heir. Even if she somehow dies before my father, my chances of inheriting my father's holdings are basically nothing anyway: Despite getting his name, I'm the fourth son, and Dad's quite traditional: My eldest brother is going to take the duchy.

So I'm not going to get much... but that's okay. I had access to a lot of very practical training - which I took full advantage of - and I'm assigned one of the guards, Gerald, with whom I have quite the connection. Where is he? Oh, he's in the feathers, carrying our stuff. He doesn't have hands, so I help him with his armor, in turn, he carries everything I won't need quickly. And yes, technically he's a household servant, but really... what household? Bah! Nobility. Nah, if I want to get ahead in life, I'll have to arrange it myself.

Spoiler: Backstory "out of game", also on sheet
    Show
    Nah, I just thought that all would be fun, and explain the weirdness in the build I was using every time I went out to play. I mean, seriously, I'm a full caster, yes, but I'm also a dipfest for maximum defenses, and some flexibility that gets me basically any Oracle spell with one round's notice... and I can do metamagic feats, too. It's a fun build.

In real life, though? I'm a game programmer. No, I don't get to play at work. It's not as fun as it sounds, because it's the game designers that make the games, and the testers that play them. I'm one of the folks responsible for implementing features that the game designers then use in scripting... and there's WAY more oversight than you'd think. The game designers open a ticket for what they want us to add in (or the testers for what's broken), the boss assigns someone to it, we create a branch from our gitlab, work on it, do some simple testing, flag the boss when it's done, and he takes a look, tells us what we need to do better... rinse and repeat a few times, then it gets merged into the codebase.

...but how did I get HERE, come to life as my character?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2024-04-23 at 06:49 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.