View Single Post

Thread: [WHFRP 2nd Ed] Reign in Blood (IC I)

1. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WHFRP 2nd Ed] Reign in Blood (IC I)

Regine von Carstein

Regine held the reins with one hand and her spear with the other, the soft cantor of Casper beneath her allowing the vampire to truly enjoy her surroundings. Being born and raised a city girl, she had never been alone in the forests as she was now, with the fjord adjacent to one side and the woods to the other, large crags of mountains drawing themselves up into jagged shapes of stone and minerals beneath a broad moon and stars.

She could get used to this.

Encountering no one else upon the road, the vampire made her way south of the van Carstein fortress, then east - or west from the maps perspective - towards the abandoned mine, its rusting archs soon coming into view as its once carved beauty now sat upon a yawning, dark entrance. Already Regine could smell something foul in the air, her ultra-sensitive nose sniffing several times before drawing up to within fifty yards the foreboding portal.

In weeks past, Regine wouldn't have dared enter such a place. But now? Now the halting, timid fear of mortality had lost most of its grip over her apprehensions - now she went forward!

Dismounting Casper and gently kissing the beast on the side of his large head, the vampire took him into the woods and tethered his reins to a tree, tight enough to keep him but loose enough that he could pull away and flee if panicked. The next step was to ensure he had proper fodder, before kissing him once more upon his beautiful, long face, and drawing a saddle bag from him to hang it over her own shoulder.

Returning to the mine, Regine peered into the darkness, her well-adjusted eyes picking out the details and her nose collecting a plethora of information about whatever lay within.

Smiling, the vampire entered, keeping to the shadows.

OOC;

Perception roll Visual: (1d100)[45] vs 97, 5 successes.

Perception roll Scent: (1d100)[65] vs 97, 3 successes.

Concealment roll: (1d100)[86] vs TN 113, 3 successes.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-04-11 at 07:38 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger