Quote Originally Posted by NichG View Post
I mean, I don't disagree that we can and will create new meaningful fields. I do think its reasonable to argue that such things may not be natural sciences though.
Science, at its core, is the ability to predict. That's it. Chemistry predicts how substances react. Physics predicts how particles and fields interact. Psychology predicts how people will behave. Even geology is prediction - study geology long enough and you'll find a rock and predict where it came from, or see a rock on the moon and predict how the moon itself formed.

New sciences may yet exist, and probably do, just waiting to be discovered. But as long as they hold mystery, as long as we cannot predict everything, they're still inherently sciences. "natural" sciences they may not be, but that seems a bit arbitrary to me. Thr point is, science will continue until we can predict everything. Which won't be so bad since we'll know what to do to make us happy at that point anyway, if we still even remotely resemble humans ro start with.