Quote Originally Posted by drazen View Post
Not to open up this can of worms again, but V has already killed many, many non-evil characters (the Draketooths) with Familicide.

I also meant it would be like Kraagor -- Belkar would be jumping into.the fray headfirst, as usual, and V casts a rift sealing spell that kills Belkar. I didn't think V was just going to blast him to bits. Although I suppose an errant Prismatic Spray could make Belkar into cool statue - maybe that seals the rift so he cannot be de-stoned without destroying the world.

But hey, I am no author of a fun webcomic, so who knows? Besides Rich.
I was laughing at the, 'V can't kill anyone not-Evil,' part. Taking that as true (it's not), plenty of things have stood in the wrong spot when my casters have started flinging AoEs around...

Though that's not how I suspect Belkar will go. As a much smarter person than me has put it, (sorry for badly paraphrasing you), 'The Giant is likely to subvert the prophecy by playing it entirely straight, and having Belkar die after the events in OOTS have concluded.' And with us seeing that B no longer gets shocked by his clasp.

We're missing a final few pieces to this puzzle. How the Snarl really works, what caused the final bust up of the Scribble, what happens next for the Gods, and how RedCloak tragically cannot transcend (except maybe at the end) the awful price he paid for his position. I do think V Disjoins the Mantle though. And bad things happen to hir.