Quote Originally Posted by GeneralVryth View Post
It's hilarious concentration is being thought of a resource, when its whole reason for being is to limit the number of ongoing effects spell casters can have active.
I mean, a game element can be both a resource and a constraint. See also spell slots, or attunement slots for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
Eh. The idea that building PCs is more impactful to the outcome than playing them already bothers me, so treating the action economy like a bingo card rubs me wrong.
These two (building PCs and playing PCs) are not at odds with one another though, they both matter. Presenting them in such an either/or fashion is like... a weird version of Stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
Not like they can actually get opportunity cost right so the PC building mini game is not even all that interesting to begin with. Funny enough to was better with it was just the PHB with no optional rules.
Not one but two personal opinions presented as objective fact. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
A mechanic like this could be used to elevate martials into less mundane territories as well. You can call it Focus or something along those lines if you want to differentiate it.

I like the idea of stepping into forms or stances so long as you have Focus or Concentration, and while within those Stances/Forms you can do certain things.
I'd be fine with martial concentration-duration buffs. If someone ever gets around to a 5e version of ToB I could see Stances using it.

The one concern I would have is that concentration is also meant as a way to discourage casters from being hit; and sure, no PC really wants to be hit, but martials (especially "tanks") do have a slightly different incentive structure in that regard.