1. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A Small Wager – A Practical Guide to Evil

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    So - cards on the table, I borrowed your Brew Aspect. My Aspect doesn’t tel me exactly what the power does or anything about your Name.

My initial thought was that you were the Concocter. While the character with that Name is ostensibly a Villain, in practice they fit far better as a Neutral (hell, the TVTropes page lists them as ‘Morally Ambiguous Named’ for a reason).

Furthermore, there is no character for Above with an Alchemist Name in the serial proper, though references to a Villain with that Name are made in the backstory of a certain Hero.

I was willing to put money on the fact that you were a Neutral. That was one of the reasons I had less issue with you full claiming here - an open Neutral is one less place for a Villain to claim later, while not necessarily leaving a target for wolfteam to NK later.

The man continued to sip on his brandy, his smile having turned decidedly rueful. In Procer, he was used to being vilified for use of magic - even if it was not his own. And with a Name like his, he supposed he could see how someone might misunderstand him. Still, he had played his part.

He had Confiscated the potion-maker’s Aspect, though had yet to have the time to sit down and craft anything he could Use out of it. He held up an opaque vial, the liquid inside cascading with unfettered possibility.

Is that clear enough for you?
    Oh. Duh.

Yeah, I trust Cultist, that claim makes sense.

Also, yes, no good-aligned alchemist. Oops. Edited for minor story spoilers. Doesn't mean Merel is necessarily evil, but really not a good look.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2024-04-10 at 04:22 PM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony