1. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Small Wager – A Practical Guide to Evil

Quote Originally Posted by MerelBlackbird View Post
    I am the Alchemist. Did you get my set of one shot powers (imbue), or my regular power (brew)?
    So - cards on the table, I borrowed your Brew Aspect. My Aspect doesn’t tel me exactly what the power does or anything about your Name.

My initial thought was that you were the Concocter. While the character with that Name is ostensibly a Villain, in practice they fit far better as a Neutral (hell, the TVTropes page lists them as ‘Morally Ambiguous Named’ for a reason).

Furthermore, there is no character for Above with an Alchemist Name in the serial proper, though references to a Villain with that Name are made in the backstory of a certain Hero.

I was willing to put money on the fact that you were a Neutral. That was one of the reasons I had less issue with you full claiming here - an open Neutral is one less place for a Villain to claim later, while not necessarily leaving a target for wolfteam to NK later.

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    I also targeted Merel. Cultist taking her power would absolutely fit with my results. In fact, it would explain an otherwise puzzling outcome.

Cultist, the one character famously known for this ability was decidedly not aligned with the heavens, unless I am missing something here. Am I missing something here?

I am willing to claim in an extremely dramatic fashion if necessary. It might even work.
    The man continued to sip on his brandy, his smile having turned decidedly rueful. In Procer, he was used to being vilified for use of magic - even if it was not his own. And with a Name like his, he supposed he could see how someone might misunderstand him. Still, he had played his part.

He had Confiscated the potion-maker’s Aspect, though had yet to have the time to sit down and craft anything he could Use out of it. He held up an opaque vial, the liquid inside cascading with unfettered possibility.

Is that clear enough for you?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2024-04-10 at 04:13 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."