View Single Post

Thread: The Black Dahlias [closed 3.5]

1. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Black Dahlias [seeking players, 3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    He will still keep fighting even if you cut off both arms and legs. Buhahaha I have improved him over the traditional black knights
    GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Spear View Post
    Bit late reaction but I'll bite;
    Bite?! I should have known those horns mean I'm facing a herbivore!

Ok "kiddo", I ain't no whipperwhatever, and have been playing for an odd 35+ years now,
    I got an opportunity to say "your race is your class" and did the obvious joke. No offense was meant!

Not at all what I was asking/ gunning for.
    Pardon the implication; that is, nevertheless, the rationale behind the design decision (like, it's a "no getting the Avoral's cool flight and cool class features quite so early").

No Idea where you getting that notion from.
    "Advancement : —" is from p. 94 of MComp; that bit has never been changed or otherwise updated since;
    "LA: —" is from p. 7 of the official Monster Update web enhancement to PGtF, where the Revenant is updated to 3.5 standards;
    "no brew" and "no brew whatsoever" are specified under points no. 7 and 16, respectively, in the Big 16 here.

Dm Pm'ed me anyway and answered some issues that came up, so I will be looking at my options now.

Anyway, I'm eyeing Katane now instead, +4 LA, nice and simple.
    Nice. I just saw you tried the Revenant idea in a number of recruitments, and was trying to help. Once more, no offense was meant.

Anyhow, I got another stupid idea in the meantime: Rijn of the Number, a Lesser Earth Genasi Fighter 2/Martial Monk 2/Martial Rogue 2/ Psychic Warrior 2/Combat Wizard 1, with all those feats sunken into a combination of spear&shield fighting and AoOs. The basic idea is this weird Lawful bodyguard type working for whoever pays, no questions asked. Guy should have asked questions, got involved in a violent but idiotic revolt where a small provincial capital was overtaken by a would-be military genius who slaughtered the previous government (mostly hailing from a major noble house married into a cadet branch of the royal family) and moronically kept fighting for the usurper even after said usurper got killed because the contract was for a fixed period that didn't yet run out.

Do shoot it down, @Bel before I finish it up if it's too stupid (because I do absolutely understand it's really stupid).
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-04-10 at 11:05 AM.