Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
Thanks for liking the idea
Yes I could expect such thing as anyone or anything from outside this exiled/sealed off/other crystal sphere ain't exactly regularly visited by spelljammer vessels, nor other-sphere visitors, and I would imagine two ways for my character to end up freed from the curse of the deathless... Thinking either somehow, somewhat, return to Torill and reconnect to the wheel of reincarnation thusly?
And the second way would be, if at all possible, to connect to THIS world's wheel and cycle of reincarnation of the soul? and to even find information on HOW being a very initial objective to strive for.

Yeah I realized it was a bit weak when i woke up earlier, before heading off to work... what about an automatic disadvantage against Necromancy instead? dun want it to be overly harsh for my character either, so unsure what is a fitting middleground between an extreme like 'now a vampire and thusly death from sunlight or leaving gravedirt sleeping area, etc.' and 'soul magic weakness'. Or would it be fine to narrow it down to any magic, attacks, etc. that deals with the soul grants either advantage to attackers against my character, or disadvantage against such things if my character is the one that rolls, like a saving throw against something dealing with soul-related effects... I guess banishment would include it cuz you need a souled target or some such iirc to banish it? Example would be spirits and bodiless undead that attacks being more related to the soul than the physical body (Ethereal, basically).

Lemme know what'd be a functional idea here. I dun want healing magic to be an auto-resist against it. that's a bit harsh, especially if that includes natural healing during rest.
What if Healing magic requires to be ritual-cast to heal my character cuz monk? and any healing items needs to be made into alchemical pill form to be of use? no random herbal-mix juices as regular healing potions? same with just about any potion, needing to be of the daoist-archetypical 'pill' form? might both be more expensive and harder to find cuz you need a skilled alchemist that deals with the 'monk format cultivation' to even know how to begin making such items?
I left this out of the player facing setting doc so that it didn't get too long but I think it is relevant to your character creation. In this crystal sphere there are only 3 accessible planes: the Material Plane, the Spirit Realm, and the Nawiht. Here is some information on the other two planes.

Spoiler: The Spirit Realm
Show
In the center of the spirit realm lies the World Spirit from which all souls in Prelesha come. When a creature dies it’s soul returns to the World Spirit. This has been directly observed in expeditions to the spirit realm and is regarded as fact by the majority of the denizens of Prelesha. The exact details on how the souls get back to the world spirit, and what it is like in the World Spirit, is still up for debate and every culture has a different opinion on the matter. Almost everyone believes that souls are judged by some means or another and if the deeds done in life are lacking or evil, if the death was dishonorable, then the soul must face any number of trials, punishment, cleansing, etc. before it is allowed to return to the World Spirit. Opinions of what it is like to be reunited with the World Spirit are equally diverse.
The spirit realm has three layers and each layer is a flat tori that loops upon itself. The bottom layer is known as Nether, a disk shaped primordial landscape covered mostly in stone, ice, and lava with giant mountains and deep cavernous networks of underground caves. The middle layer and the top layer are both flat rings. The middle layer known as Midst is covered in deserts, tundras, thick swamps, and arid savannas. The top layer known as Zenith is a verdant paradise of tropical islands, flourishing jungles, and sprawling temperate forests. Beginning above Nether and extending up through Zenith is the World Spirit which looks somewhat similar to a tree composed entirely of light, if you could get far enough away to see it in its entirety. Below, and around, Nether is the Unfathomable Deep, an unimaginably large ocean.
Above Zenith and the World Spirit is the Elemental Void, a space of abject chaos. Floating around the outer perimeters of the Midst and Zenith rings are islands of light, demiplanes belonging to some of the more powerful spirits and members of the elder races. There is a gravity defying river known as the Binding Flow that spirals through the air around the World Spirit connecting the different layers of the realm. Several of the demiplanes that are intended to be accessible are located along the river.
The titans mostly reside in Nether, the Oni in Midst, and the Fey in Zenith. Spirits and Dragons that don’t have their own demiplanes can be found on any of the three layers, usually choosing places that best match their preferred habitats.
Souls that, for whatever reason, are unable to return to the World Spirit can get corrupted and eventually are able to manifest bodies, these are known as the Feollan. Feollan are pure evil beings of concentrated pain and hatred, they cannot be reasoned or bargained with.

Spoiler: The Nawiht
Show
This exists in between the prime plane of Prelesha and the spirit realm. Some of the older members of the elder races say that the Nawiht is similar in some respects to something known as the astral plane that exists in other crystal spheres far far away. Nawiht is a cold place of darkness and shadows where there is just barely enough light to see where you are going and it never gets warm enough to feel comfortable.
Kruoskotos is the only material that is native to the Nawiht, just about everything is composed of it. It is similar to ice in durability and is rather easy to carve, though it doesn’t melt. Those that have tried to take it out of the Nawiht have found that it dissolves into nothing unless contained with powerful magic.
Prismire are the predominant native inhabitants of the Nawiht. They can be seen carrying souls between the prime plane and the spirit realm. However it is incredibly difficult to get to one as they are incredibly fast while in the Nawiht. They move along intangible paths and are seemingly immune to the unpredictable changes in gravity.

I would say that only spells will be affected. I am thinking that you would be forced to make a charisma save against them. Making the save would negate spells like restoration and cause Cure Wounds to be halved. Natural healing, potions, and other class healing effects would not be unaffected.

As necrotic damage is basically anti-life that causes rot and decay. Vulnerability to it could fit the concept, but not as well as healing.

In Tasha's Cauldron Monks gained the ability to spend ki to self heal so you will have at least one option that doesn't rely on spells.