Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
I like the concept.
Wis and Dex are good primary stats for a monk.
Anything coming from Torill is exceedingly rare, but possible.
As you already come back from death at dawn being resilient against just resurrection magic isn't much of a drawback. I would like to take it up a notch, maybe resistant to positive magic in general, healing and restoration spells.
Thanks for liking the idea
Yes I could expect such thing as anyone or anything from outside this exiled/sealed off/other crystal sphere ain't exactly regularly visited by spelljammer vessels, nor other-sphere visitors, and I would imagine two ways for my character to end up freed from the curse of the deathless... Thinking either somehow, somewhat, return to Torill and reconnect to the wheel of reincarnation thusly?
And the second way would be, if at all possible, to connect to THIS world's wheel and cycle of reincarnation of the soul? and to even find information on HOW being a very initial objective to strive for.

Yeah I realized it was a bit weak when i woke up earlier, before heading off to work... what about an automatic disadvantage against Necromancy instead? dun want it to be overly harsh for my character either, so unsure what is a fitting middleground between an extreme like 'now a vampire and thusly death from sunlight or leaving gravedirt sleeping area, etc.' and 'soul magic weakness'. Or would it be fine to narrow it down to any magic, attacks, etc. that deals with the soul grants either advantage to attackers against my character, or disadvantage against such things if my character is the one that rolls, like a saving throw against something dealing with soul-related effects... I guess banishment would include it cuz you need a souled target or some such iirc to banish it? Example would be spirits and bodiless undead that attacks being more related to the soul than the physical body (Ethereal, basically).

Lemme know what'd be a functional idea here. I dun want healing magic to be an auto-resist against it. that's a bit harsh, especially if that includes natural healing during rest.
What if Healing magic requires to be ritual-cast to heal my character cuz monk? and any healing items needs to be made into alchemical pill form to be of use? no random herbal-mix juices as regular healing potions? same with just about any potion, needing to be of the daoist-archetypical 'pill' form? might both be more expensive and harder to find cuz you need a skilled alchemist that deals with the 'monk format cultivation' to even know how to begin making such items?