Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
I'd be quite interested in this game. very different than the usual 'just another flavor of FR' type game.
Thinking, if the rolls are good for it, a Monk of sorts that has their immortality curse as a sort of perverse twist on what he/she seeks - reincarnation. Natural aging, but upon 'natural' death, resurrection at young-adult age again with all the troubles hormonally and less-wise attitude - should he/she live that long to experience natural aging death.
Reason? Originally hails from Torill and the Forgotten Realms but somehow was pulled away from the wheel of reincarnation and was stuck there in this new world, soul utterly anathema to this world's cycle of life, afterlife and rebirth, thus cannot truly die here, and keeps returning back to life... it is a perverse twist on the seeking to reach nirvana and break away from the cycle of death and rebirth normally speaking.
Bad-curse secondary effect idea? Essentially beneficial magic that deals with the soul cannot be used on the character, or rather it needs to be resisting as if it was a hostile spell, rather than a friendly one. Thusly active resurrection through magic will not work, or at least will be naturally attempted at being resisted. Same something like atonement type spells to try and correct alignment with having to 'work for it'.

Str: 12
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 11
Wis: 15
Cha: 11

Looks the most ideal. So a wis-based class with dex-support... fairly Monk-functional iirc, Wis is a primary stat for monks yes?
I like the concept.
Wis and Dex are good primary stats for a monk.
Anything coming from Torill is exceedingly rare, but possible.
As you already come back from death at dawn being resilient against just resurrection magic isn't much of a drawback. I would like to take it up a notch, maybe resistant to positive magic in general, healing and restoration spells.