Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
When cursing a new target with Hex, with an eye towards the simulation, that curse must needs be something other that 'I simply will it'. The universe needs some kind of instruction as to who you intend to curse.
And how do you know that? Are you a Warlock in real life? Please cite why exactly this would be needed in-universe. It's not that hard to imagine a curse leaping from corpse to living target without you waving your hands and saying magic words. The same logic could be applied to concentration: "How does the universe know you're concentrating on the spell without components? Does it just read your mind?"
This also doesn't apply to RAW, just because something sounds kinda unintuitive doesn't mean it's not obeying the rules.

I suppose here is where someone will state 'choosing a point is purely psychic'; I would content that choosing a point requires something akin to pointing... but I suppose the meteors just listen into on your theta waves or something.
See my above argument. Why does a magic meteor need you to point? It's magic, why shouldn't it be mental?

repeating the same refrain gets it back in spades. It's odd, you're not using 'maintaining Hex on the same person round over round' as part of your case... seems like that would be the easiest reference. Yet, just like Haste or Fly or DB, we all know that they, like Hex, aren't recast to maintain concentration. Hex only comes up because the curse can change targets.
This isn't about concentration, it's about actions granted by spells. Haste gives you the ability to take a unique type of action (your haste action). Dragon's Breath gives you the ability to take a unique type of action (breathing fire). Hex gives you the ability to take a unique type of bonus action (changing the target). If one of these actions requires components, all of them do.