Derek folded his arms as waited inside his hardsuit deep under the lowest level of Golgotha. The explosives he just placed had to checked by a trusted engineer before they would consent to detonating them. His expertise was needed, he was never trusted. He definitely was never allowed within 10 meters of a detonator. If fact, if the job went awry, no doubt the OVERSEER with freeze up his hardsuit and have him mysterious disappear in the accident. Still, few were crazy enough or knowledgeable enough to do the job that needed doing. So here he stood, watching the monitors for the all clear.

As predicted, everything seemed to be in order and the all clear was given. The charges were remotely detonated, obscuring the monitors with dust and stone. The control room was so far away that there was no sound, but Derek could feel it in feet when they were set off, ever so slightly. When the dust settled, a new avenue was revealed, ready for the clean up crew. Only then were the looks on his suit released. Only then was he dismissed. With a hiss, Derek removed his helmet as he received a notification from a friend. It was time.

"I'm off to get drink. Great job, as always." He walks off without looking back. Screw these guys.

---

Derek sipped on a tall glass of something strong as he listened to the others. He didn't much care who was in charge. Typically, leadership wanted nothing to do with him or his methods so the leader could distance themselves from the repercussions of his actions. Maybe that's what got him in trouble in the first place; no friends, no allies, no real family. Maybe it was time to do things differently this time.

"I'll be straight forward, I don't care who leads who around, so long as we get out of here. I need a bit of...operational freedom if we are going to get along. For now, any one of you would be a good bet. How do we get there, and when do we start?"