“We don’t want to know too much,” says Lupo to Rowen, the other pilot speaking up just as Lupo had been pondering the importance of information security.

A relevant verse from the book of Josiah-Wong comes to Lupo’s mind and he lowers his head momentarily as he quotes aloud from one of the revered books.

“With minds sharp as daggers, we carve our path unseen,
Each node a cell, in the resistance's serene.
Compartmentalized knowledge, our sacred creed,
In the mosaic of secrecy, our resilience freed.”

Lupo raises his head and continues from where he left off. “Holding out here isn’t our job and anything vital we know that we don’t need to know for the mission is just an extra way for the guards to find out and ruin the entire plan. It’s not like back when you were working for your corpro and you only had to worry about getting captured in battle. We’re prisoners here and they don’t like playing by the rules. I could walk out of here, some guard doesn’t like the look of my face so they take me and beat me until I tell them everything I know to get them to stop.”

Lupo hesitates for a moment before continuing.

“I mean, It probably wouldn’t work on me. I’d temporarily scramble my anterior cingulate cortex to stop myself registering the pain, but any of you guys would be in serious trouble.”

Looking about he realises that he’s shared somewhat more of his thoughts then he’d originally intended.

“Er, that’s what I think, at least.”