Quote Originally Posted by GeneralVryth View Post
The entirety of my position is the books aren't clear on what is needed for the spell recast actions (and yes that is what I am calling them).
You will have to pick and choose what is and is not a "recast action," then, because otherwise haste is recast every time somebody takes the extra action it grants, and fly is recast every time somebody lands and takes off again, and Melf's minute meteors is "recast" every time you spend the bonus action to send another meteor, and basically any spell that is ever used for more than one round and isn't a 100% passive effect is "recast" every time. Which is incredibly misleading terminology. Especially since the person using the action may not even have cast it in the first place, nor even be a spellcaster, as is the case when a wizard casts dragon's breath on their hireling!

Thus a ruling was needed for the weird cases where trying to use them subtle mattered (because to do something subtly you first need to know what the something looks like).
Not really. The rules don't specify that you do anything obvious, so you don't have to. Period.
The ruling was the recast options should require something similar to the V,S components of the original spell cast if they had them.
That's not a ruling; that's a house rule. In the same sense that it would be a house rule to require the same components used to cast fly every time you land and take off again, or to use the breath weapon granted by dragon's breath, or to launch a minute meteor, or to take the extra action granted by haste, or to attack on subsequent rounds with a shadow blade. None of which are in the rules as written. Hence it would be a house rule: a change made to the rules as they stand by the DM for his game.
In the case of shapeshifted Druids, they can preform some animal version of those components.
No rules state they can prior to level 18.

Anyways, since you keep insisting it's a houserule, which implies that you think the rules are somehow clear on this means we are in agree to dissagree land.
In the same sense that you can agree to disagree with somebody who thinks that stop lights allow you to transit through them when they're red or green, but that you are legally required to stop when they're yellow, I suppose.

No it's this argument that is long past tiresome.
I ... must be misunderstanding you. Are you saying that you find the argument that the rules of the game tell you how to play the game to be tiresome?