View Single Post

Thread: ... talk about 3 Body Problem

1. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: ... talk about 3 Body Problem

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    I watched the trailer where it shows the Chaotic Era, which piqued my interest.
    You were not invited! (I love how that line is delivered)... with a sword to the face.
    I think my biggest gripe is that I don't feel a sense of danger or urgency with the given stakes.
    That's a plot point, though, and it's part of why I find the character of Dr Salazar to be both difficult to watch and yet very representative of people who can't think past the end of their own noses. (My first reaction to the actress was "Hmm, young version of Jennifer Garner" but as I watced more eps that similarity faded).
    I agree that the Ye Wenjie actors did great and were easily some of the best parts of the series.
    Yes. Well written and well done.
    Aren't wallfacers named so because they're forbidden to interact with anyone else (at least about their plan against the san-ti)?
    No and yes. I finally found an explanation. (I edited into my spoiler).
    Is Wade intentionally written to be unlikeable? I'm aware he's the type to dol whatever it takes to get things moving, but even so I can't stand him.
    That is his role: to get people to do things so that the project keeps moving forward. He doesn't need to be likeable, he just needs to be effective and see beyond the end of his own nose, unlike most of the people in the story.
    As for Wade and the rest operating under the assumption that the San-ti don't lie, is that a safe assumption to make? The San-ti just learned about lying and they could then start doing with humans.
    Based on the San Ti voice talking to Evans, the imperative to work together (if one of us lives we all live) may require that only true or verifiable statements are acceptable. Not sure, that is part of what gets addressed later, I think.

I also found it interesting (although it was never explained) that Evans and The Voice only interacted behind a locked door, and the rest was "Trust me on this!" as an MO for the crew and passengers on the Judgement Day ship.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-04-08 at 01:11 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society