Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
What kind words from Cultist. I don't trust them.

My vote movements D1 were largely motivated by not wanting to be a hypocrite; it occurred to me a little late that as upset as I would be to die D1 in a game themed around a web serial I love, someone else might get that too. Both Persolus and Xihirli were among those in the poll that had indicated that they had fully read Guide, and I would have felt like an ******* being all "I love this series, please don't kill me Day 1" and then doing the same to someone else.

I will say one thing. I know my vote movement was suspicious. But if I was a wolf, why on earth would I initially vote Persolus instead of just starting a wagon on a non-wolf? How does this weird half-measure where I pivot off a wolf after cementing them as a wagon, but in a suspicious manner, possibly benefit me as a wolf? Why wouldn't I just either commit to bussing Persolus, or pick someone else to wagon?

I will actually say one other, unrelated thing. The N1 post certainly strongly implies Persolus is dead. It has not stated it. And when I pushed Book for an answer, he refused to make it explicit.

So...

BEFORE THE GODS ABOVE AND BELOW, I SAY THAT PERSOLUS IS DEAD, AS HE HAS BEEN STRUCK DOWN THREE TIMES, FROM WHICH THERE IS NO RECOVERY.
Come on: you can't take compliments from a good friend?

I don't see a world where moving off of a wolf to a townie benefits you as a wolf, no... unless you were hoping that with D1 it would mostly be scattered randvotes and could point to your initial vote later to unpair you in the eyes of town. When you first voted Persolus, there was only two votes on them. Furthermore, randvotes on D1 are super easy to justify pivoting from, since they are - as the name suggests - random. If asked, you could say 'they all had equally likely chances to be a wolf'. Also, your stated reason at the time was 'self preservation'.

And, for full style points:

"Didn't you see Persolus fall off that cliff? There's no way he could have survived that."

On Merel? Hm. I don't like the lack of activity, but it's sort of the same thing that I think applies to me - it's such an inherently wolfy thing to do that I think an actual wolf wouldn't have done it. But I can see a world in which wolves try to save Persolus by putting heat on Merel.

I also think that a wolf would probably have posted earlier in the day, but we've had largely AFK wolves before so who knows.

Specifically on the cultist thing - it's a weird thing to say unless you have defenses built into your role, in which case, how do you know Snow is town? Maybe it's a bluff, I can see that happening, but it still bugs me.

No vote for now.
I definitely think Merel needs to get in here soon, otherwise it may end up being a single wagon day (bad for town).

Good info, because a) it helps move AV up and b) pairs the two of you somewhat.

AV does have a point in that I started the wagon, I just wanted to know her reasons for joining it and saying it was the best option. I get that looks hypocritical but like, trying to poke and prod where I can.

I guess Merel as the least bad option so far? I don't love it but I really don't have any wolfleans right now.
To be clear, are you referring to starting the counterwagon to Persolus D1? Because if so, the votes were for Cazero and it was AV who voted first with you jumping on 4 minutes afterwards.

Unless you're talking about starting the Persolus wagon by being the second person on it, in which case never mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I forgot to answer the question about how I'm sure about Snow. I'm going to keep that to myself for now, but I trust my source.