View Single Post

Thread: Baldur's Gate II (5e campaign log)

1. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate II (5e campaign log)

New player: Unknown, possibly Hexblade?

Ludwig: Half-Elf Arcane Trickster, Lucky & Tough feats, 70-ish HP (inclusive of +5 from Helm of Balduraan), 14 str/14 Dex/16 con, wielding Namarra or Kondar +1 longswords, Tuigan Bow +1 (A), Helm of Balduraan (A), and I don't recall his third attuned item. Wearing Orc Leather studded leather armor. AC 17.

Cormak: Half-elf Storm Cleric of Thor, 50ish HP, AC 21. Has the Telepathic bonus feat IIRC from Tainted Mind, Wis 16, Int 14, Str 14, Dex 10, Con 14, don't recall Cha. Usually swings the Flail of Ages or Staff of Thunder and Lightning. Attuned to the staff, the Girdle of Piercing (-3 damage from projectile damage), and the Shield of Harmony +1

Mergand: Half-elf or elf (don't recall) Bhaalspawn sorcerer. Dex 16? AC 16 with Mage Armor and Ring of Protection+1. Attuned to Ring of Protection, Ring of Human Influence (sets Cha to 19), and I forget the 3rd item. Around 35-40hp. Wields a Quarterstaff +2 obtained from Sadaat near the druid grove.

Terry: Dhampir Battlemaster, Strength 18, AC around 23 with shield +2, full plate +1, wielding Frostreaver, attuned to the Ring of Fire Resistance (attunement means full fire immunity).

Plus Nalia, Rogue 2/War Wizard 5, AC 18 because her bonded De'Arnise signet ring is pretty good.

If they all equip the appropriate gear for a dragon fight, they'll have 1 with fire immunity, 2 with resistance to fire, and another with +5 on saves vs. fire effects.
    I don't think they can handle Firkraag at this point, but I could be surprised. They are certainly building up a dislike of him and his stupid games. I'm sure they'll be...seething...when they find out why they have been put through this!

It is definitely disconnected in terms of "why are vampires, mummies, hobgoblins, orcs, werewolves, golems, and trolls all in the same dungeon?" However, looking at it from a "Bored dragon making a gauntlet to run people through" perspective, it makes sense in terms of keeping things "entertaining."

This was the first time I've seen a vampire actually connect and stick well with bite attacks and grappling. I think they will need to be probably around level 9 to take on Bodhi, and 10 might be better. I also hope they actually go shopping and upgrade their gear. Azuredge is sitting there in plain sight on the list for the Copper Coronet.
    I also need to figure out where to stick the Daystar. If the new player goes Paladin, it might be a nice loaner from the Order after he does the first couple of sidequests.
    Last edited by J-H; 2024-04-08 at 11:21 AM.
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)